Ah shall post a little now on my "free" and off day which really isnt as gd as it sounds.
But before that, guess I really have to comment a little on the VS-RI incident at cross country championships. (all thoughts and speeches here are only of opinion of this blogger and does not represent the thoughts of the Rafflesian committee at large)
Firstly, it has noted that a blogger decides to take it upon himself to comment on what exactly the newspaper article on our victory meant. I would just like to say that when our coach made that comment, he does not mean it the way this particular blogger meant it to be. I am sorry for the fall but we do not judge ourselves by the way we cross the finishing line. Further, we too are individuals can overcome the finite capabilities of the body and touch infinity by becoming something greater than ourselves. No offence meant but I seriously feel that we have nothing against Victoria School and I really do not wish the relationship between the two schools to sour because of such a misunderstanding. We too cross and haul ourselves across the finishing lines, not just in the physical manner, but also in the spiritual and psychological way. We too have done all we could, running through the mud, enduring all those muscle aches, walking with those painful blisters. Raffles Cross Country is in no way inferior to VS Cross Country.
This is what it means to us to really cross the finishing line
1) We cross it with pride and glory for our school no matter the fashion we do it in.
2) Our greatest glory lies not in never falling, but in rising up everytime after we fall. ( just because we do not fall in a race does not mean that we haven't taken setbacks)
3) We are champions this year because we have won the race and gotten the medals.
4)Perhaps our coach has not made it clear, but it has been ingrained into us (personal opinion) that champions don't collapse, mentally.
5) Encouragement after crossing the finishing is not only a pat on our back, but rather, a recgonition that we have done well and should continue to strive for greater excellence. If we have fallen, no matter, we should move on and harp no longer.
I have no bad feelings towards VS. I most certainly Victorians who might have read this will not take offence towards me. Should you feel that I have made a mistake, pls do tell me and I will be most willing to take it off. Once again, I strongly stress that this is only my own personal opinion and should you take offence against it, pls do me a favour by not reading this post.
SINE FINIBUS
AH ok abt my day, as I have forgetton, Monday was supposed to be a holiday me. However, I am still forced to wake up at 7am to go for training at 8. Training was some joke, felt super unfit after not training for a whole week. Looks like its less junk food and more YTF now.
Then went to some ORA stall comittee meeting. Decided to paint some banner and sandwich boards. was rather unproductive and did not achieve much according to Yu Da. Ah wells, at least it was a "gd" way to spend our holiday. So reached home at 3+ and slept till 6 before going out for dinner having a holiday wasted. Haiz..
-
m.c.h.i.a.|
2:53 PM |